X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captured ship no MOV's?

Last night I was solo defeating NPC pirates outside the pvp zone of sisal on blackbeard.
    A lvl 35 pirate player attacked me after a few battles, He (or she, I suppose) abandoned, and I was excited to get my MOVs as usual.
    I got nothing.
    When my cursor moved over the ship, the display read 'recently captured ship' or something of that sort.
    What does that mean?
    I have conquered captured ships in the past and recieved MOV's and loot, but this time nothing. Have they done away with MOV's for conquering captured ships in PvP?
    I am still kinda bummed.
    Last edited by Svang Blundstrom; 05-24-2008, 10:27 AM.

That means the player you defeated was recently killed in PvP. Killing players with the 'Recently Killed' label does not grant you any rewards.

Comment

ok.

thanks for the response.
      do you know how long this 'recently killed' status lasts?

Comment

It lasts 30 minutes. There's also another status effect called "Derelicted" which makes the ship unclaimable/scavengeable/commandeerable. that lasts an hour.

Kind of strange that they'd attack you only to abandon ship. Might have been looking to get rid of a ship without scuttling.

Comment

Several times I've caught a solo mid level in a pirate zone (Starlsund, Post, Cerberus, that sort of thing), run him down in my Minerava, killed or captured (after either refusing to surrender or offering to surrender nothing), and yet I get no MoVs, etc. for it. And none of these guys had the "recently killed" icons on.

Comment

I think if you hit the surrender before you engage a fight and dont ignore it the person that wins doesnt get mov's tho i could be wrong. Also if they abandon ship before you engage them i also think you dont get any mov's either.

Comment

If the ship's levels difference is over a certain limit (15 levels maybe?) you'll not any MoV

So, if I catch a Stralsund in my Raa MC, I can earn 2MoVs... but if I catch the same Stralsund in my Capricieux MC, I will not get any MoV

BTW it's a fine mechanism to keep people using non-L50 ships...

HTH

Comment

Well, In the cases I remember, I was in a Minerva vs a Starlsund MC (actullly, if the guy had stood and fought instead of trying to run, I might have been in a world of hurt . . . but that is another subject). Anyway . . . only an 11 level difference.

Comment

Working...
                X