Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
players in pvp zone and hot bars Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • players in pvp zone and hot bars

    two things
    1st one, how can i see the difference between players and npc enemies in pvp zones
    can any one help me or does any one have a patch?

    #2 i only have one hot bar on my screen if i go to prefrences and click on additional hot bars they appear in random spots on the screen, now i've seen other people's screen shots and there are multiple hot bars stacked on top of each other at the bottom of the screen, again can any on help me or does any one have a patch?

  • #2
    Originally posted by zaknesbitt View Post
    two things
    1st one, how can i see the difference between players and npc enemies in pvp zones
    can any one help me or does any one have a patch?
    As they are, no. There is a player-made patch/mod/tweak that changes the ship colors in your mini-map and local map, with opposing players showing up a bright purple or pink when inside a PVP zone. (Don't know if it works on self-flagged OS captains.)
    But seeing as you're a Pirate on Roberts, you'll have to find it yourself.


    #2 i only have one hot bar on my screen if i go to prefrences and click on additional hot bars they appear in random spots on the screen, now i've seen other people's screen shots and there are multiple hot bars stacked on top of each other at the bottom of the screen, again can any on help me or does any one have a patch?

    Make sure you check the "unlock UI"(or something to that effect) box under Interface. This will allow you to arrange your UI how you like it.

    See ya on the OS.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Pent uP Rage View Post
      As they are, no. There is a player-made patch/mod/tweak that changes the ship colors in your mini-map and local map, with opposing players showing up a bright purple or pink when inside a PVP zone. (Don't know if it works on self-flagged OS captains.)
      But seeing as you're a Pirate on Roberts, you'll have to find it yourself.
      Make sure you check the "unlock UI"(or something to that effect) box under Interface. This will allow you to arrange your UI how you like it.

      See ya on the OS.
      thats blackbeard
      i'm also a loyal british Navy Officer on antuga server so can i have the bloody [/QOUTE]patch/mod/tweak[/QOUTE] thingy?

      Thanks man
      Last edited by zaknesbitt; 05-21-2008, 01:17 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm a Pirate on Antigua so.... no.

        Comment


        • #5
          Im also a Rat on Blackbeard, SO YES!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by zaknesbitt View Post
            Im also a Rat on Blackbeard, SO YES!
            You didn't tell him what to put in his pirate_local.ini... uh oh... I've said to much.

            Comment


            • #7
              what??????

              Comment


              • #8
                Do a forum search for pirate_local.ini that is the file you need to edit.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, you can change that file and use it to be what SHOULD be considered an exploit. But of course, nothing will be done against the lamers that use it like that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Vixentrox View Post
                    Yeah, you can change that file and use it to be what SHOULD be considered an exploit. But of course, nothing will be done against the lamers that use it like that.
                    *sigh* Once again, the devs explicitly added the functionality for the user to be able to change the colors. They explicitly added the ability to have NPCs and PCs different colors. Most importantly, they have explicitly stated that changing the colors in not an exploit.

                    It can't get any more clear than that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Xavin View Post
                      *sigh* Once again, the devs explicitly added the functionality for the user to be able to change the colors. They explicitly added the ability to have NPCs and PCs different colors. Most importantly, they have explicitly stated that changing the colors in not an exploit.

                      It can't get any more clear than that.
                      I don't have a problem with people changing colors. I do have a problem with people essentially zeroing out all the other colors into one just so it makes it very apparent who a player is. THAT is a crap system. They need to take that power away from the players. As you recall they never came out and said that bombimg a port up to 10K was an exploit either and we seen how THAT turned out didn't we.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X