X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Graphics

Hi all, not sure if this is the right area to post but here goes.

I am currently trying to buy a laptop that will play this game while i am away from home, but want to make sure that the graphics will meet the requirements of this game

The laptops im looking at come with a wide variety of cards inside but the main ones i am looking at contain the following:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400 128 MB on board (384MB HyperMemory)
    nVidia Geforce 8400M G 128MB(384MB TC)
    nVidia GeForce 9300M G with VRAM 256MB

Any advice would be greatly recommended, but am off to scour manufacturers website for PixelShader 2 advice

Thanks in advance

Scott

Ahoy!

Any of those will be able to play the game.

Hypermemory/Turbocache, FYI, is mostly a marketing gimmick. It's slow, and there's a reason it's cheaper. For some games, completely disabling is actually faster since it attemps to use slower system RAM in place of actual VRAM.

Here's some good info:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=39568

I'd personally go with the 9300M... lots of onboard VRAM and probably a little faster than the 8400m (not much info out about it yet though cause it's brand spankin new).
    Last edited by Scooder; 03-26-2008, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Flag and Sail Designing

I too advice to buy a card with more than 128MB Vram. It seems here is the winner 9400.

128MB Vram video card can get sometimes overloaded, which is only enough for medium texture settings. So it is obvious the vram is crutial for PotBS and while choosing a video card, you have to keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
      X