X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Game is Simply Beautiful

It was more or less a coincidence that I got aware of this game, because I’m normally not interested in the pirate theme.
    But when I read, that this game has the intension of recreating a more historical feeling then Disney-like rendition of the theme, I gave it a try and I haven’t regret it.

Even if there is still a lot to fix, there is already a bunch of stuff that lets me imagine how this game can develop in the near future.
    I took a trip to “Port Royal” with my Toon today and was rapt away about the details and graphical variety of the city. That’s one of the things that bother me about most of games that the towns and cities always look like ugly and unrealistic copy and paste work of one or two different models of a building (see Oblivion, Lotro). Only exceptions I know of are: “The Witcher”, the “Gothic” Series and your Game.

To make it short:

I love your ship-models, the towns the overall gameplay is fun and the toon variaty. The economy system semms to be complex (which is good) and I'm curios about the PvP system, when my toon is grown up.

Thank you for all the love and work you have put into your product. I’m curious about the future of this game:-)

(I hope my English isn’t to awful).

Greets

Jaque Duvaux

"I took a trip to “Port Royal” with my Toon today and was rapt away about the details and graphical variety of the city. That’s one of the things that bother me about most of games that the towns and cities always look like ugly and unrealistic copy and paste work of one or two different models of a building (see Oblivion, Lotro)."

Yeah... um... No offense to the developer (and none to you, btw) but it seems to me that you haven't been around ports that much.

While I agree that the game is beautiful and that some ports like Port Royal look really good and unique, A LOT of the other towns ARE copy/pasted. I'm not merely talking about a few buildings (like in Oblivion, using your example)... I'm talking about whole towns being COMPLETELY identical.

There are a LOT of those. Also, once you get into the mid 20s, there's a good amount of quests that use the same jungle map over and over again! And the sad part about that particular map is that, if you look at your local map, you can clearly see that it's MIRRORED.

It's still well done, though. Graphics are nice, environments are detailed...

Comment

They have said they are working on changing some of these "mirrored" maps and cities. Little by little it shall be done. Till then, just enjoy the game for the "new" game it is. Like all MMO's it's a work in progress.

Comment

Working...
      X