• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO or PR?

Hello Captains

I am starting a new toon on Roberts as it fits better with my online time

but i'm not shure what career i should choose

on Antigua i have a 50 NO and i love him, i can play good with it and i love the playstyle, but i'm a littel bit bored as it is over and over the same thing :-/

i'm looking forward to do mainly PB/group pvp, eventually some solo pvp

i love to have great and big ships, but i hate to just ogo straight forward and be broadside vs broadside...

i love the final D & invincible skill of NO and don't really know what PR offers...

any advices?

PRs are fun, and a fairly challenging class even with the decreased morale block on Unpredictability. They are faster than NOs, but can't tank nearly as well. The class can be reconfigured a lot on the fly by using toggles, but it doesn't have the "creative" blend of stuns and special shots the NO has, instead using less-subtle direct damage and resistance debuffing attacks (with the exception of Break Formation, a very versatile stun).

It's a lot different than an NO, but I've always found it fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Winnard View Post
      Hello Captains

on Antigua i have a 50 NO and i love him, i can play good with it and i love the playstyle, but i'm a littel bit bored as it is over and over the same thing :-/

i love to have great and big ships, but i hate to just ogo straight forward and be broadside vs broadside...

i love the final D & invincible skill of NO and don't really know what PR offers...

any advices?
      I think if I was to do a nat carreer again I choose the FT. Completly OPed in 1v1 pvp and the econ perks you get are outstanding. Best of 2 worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Winnard View Post
        Hello Captains

any advices?
        Any class other than the Naval Officer. All are equal by hook or crook in combat and every other class has special perks to it.

With the Naval Officer you have the worst open sea ability including engagement range, you do not have the largest ships, your invincibility is mimicked by cutthroats who can steal ships and you can not partake in econ like the bucc or the freetrader.

The NO is a generic & flavorless class.

It's playable, which many will try and argue as a perk. I'm not going to argue about it one way or the other but the proof is there if you research it.
        Last edited by Rasullullah; 01-15-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

i think it it's a stupid question! choosing a PV,NO etc ... depend what u wanna play if u have group or not ...all carreer is good for me but i think if u prefer 1v1 ... maybe PV is good one , tanking group of 6th a NO is better!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino93 View Post
            i think it it's a stupid question! choosing a PV,NO etc ... depend what u wanna play if u have group or not ...all carreer is good for me but i think if u prefer 1v1 ... maybe PV is good one , tanking group of 6th a NO is better!
            tehe... group is best with a mix of NOs and PTs.
            Even some FTs are good sometimes in a group.

Comment

now that my NO is on lvl 24 i think i'm going to lvl up a PT, i'm pretty much bored having again all the same skills and ships and uff.... i want some changes so i think i'm going for PT, hope i'll do good in PBs, and hope skirm group will be fun :-/

Comment

I'd take a priv over my NO any day, but then again, Priv is my favorite class atm, besides the CT.

As for a PB i prefer the agility of my priv over my NO. I feel so useless in bricks.

But don't get my wrong the NO is a good class by all means, I just like my priv, always will.

Comment

While it comes down to what you want to do that decides the outcome here are some suggestions.

Priv - Group PVP

NO - Port Battles

FT - Solo PVP / Economy

pick your flavor and lick it.

Comment

NO, I found my priv quite unbalance and can never beat nO
                    Yea and u see my sig

Comment

I think that the Privateer is really hard to play.
                      You need to be really good at timing your unpredictability skills.
                      If you want to turn fast you can't do max damage and you not have your resistance up.
                      Also you can't have sail resistance and armor resistance up at the same time.
                      Always watch your morale! Don't swap unpred. skills too much...
                      The NO is easier to play in my opinion.
                      Last edited by JackBlackP54; 03-04-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBlackP54 View Post
                        I think that the Privateer is really hard to play.
                        You need to be really good at timing your unpredictability skills.
                        If you want to turn fast you can't do max damage and you not have your resistance up.
                        Also you can't have sail resistance and armor resistance up at the same time.
                        Always watch your morale! Don't swap unpred. skills too much...
                        The NO is easier to play in my opinion.
                        /agree i have 1 year playing this class and really hard to play exactly , managing moral ...

Comment

IMHO Privateer has top the ships worse top the ships of other classes. A class conceived for 1vs1 as a result weakest on damage (it is not enough guns and bad speed of a recharge), weak repair, weak protection, a long recharge skills. Average manoeuvrability. If think to shoot from 2 boards, be going to have an unwrapped stern. Result - Privateer in 1vs1 the whipping boy by the poor ships. And after all at other classes soon will appear still 1st and 2st reits.
                          All my friends say that at privateer there are no chances against them.
                          The balance of classes-disgusting, and FLS doesn't think that that to change.

I will be glad, if can prove the return.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulena View Post
                            IMHO Privateer has top the ships worse top the ships of other classes. A class conceived for 1vs1 as a result weakest on damage (it is not enough guns and bad speed of a recharge), weak repair, weak protection, a long recharge skills. Average manoeuvrability. If think to shoot from 2 boards, be going to have an unwrapped stern. Result - Privateer in 1vs1 the whipping boy by the poor ships. And after all at other classes soon will appear still 1st and 2st reits.
                            All my friends say that at privateer there are no chances against them.
                            The balance of classes-disgusting, and FLS doesn't think that that to change.

I will be glad, if can prove the return.
                            Worst ships? The Intrepid and Achilles are both amazing ships, to say nothing of the Vengeance, which is the best close-range ship in the game. Then there's the HMC, which is always welcome to port battles, if a bit expensive.

As for damage, the privateer is not in bad shape at all. They don't have much reload, but they have the highest raw damage bonus in the game. Their armor repair may only repair armor, but it's on a 4 minute timer, which I'd much rather haven than the Bucc's or CT's repair.

The thing about the privateer is that it's only good at one thing at a time, while most other classes can do several things. If you aren't any good at juggling unpredictabilities, you won't be any good at the class.

Comment

HMC The best that can be at a privateer. Compare it with 'Wenden' Third Rate(Navy), 'Treason' Pirate Flagship (Bucc), 'Couronne' Mastercraft Galleon (FT) What it is better?

And FT with 'Capricieux' Mastercraft Frigate can kill Preevater with HMC.

Comment

Working...
                              X