X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avcom Suggestions

I'm pushing for these suggestions to go through, let me know what you guys think:

Dirty Fighting - Change Fortitude to 5% resistance rather than bonus guard. This negates the initial spawning weakness of DF to some degree, and lowers their overall health slightly. 25% resist with the increased guard is about 870 health with my build. 30% resist with the lesser guard winds up being around 836 health.

Fencing - Increase the amount of guard recovered on recover guard to 135 / 6 seconds. I am debating 150 as the school has some difficulty staying alive, but I'd rather not increase it too much right away.

Brawling - Pushing to allow the first 4 skills in each tree to be usable no matter which stance. This would allow the usage of the control line's 180 attacks and the stun, making defense and offense slightly more effective.

Florentine - Adding a short re-use timer to Rending Strike and Dual Fangs. Every tier 6/7 offensive skills have re-use timers, it seems strange that Florentine does not.

Originally posted by DerHuhnTeufel View Post
    I'm pushing for these suggestions to go through, let me know what you guys think:

Dirty Fighting - Change Fortitude to 5% resistance rather than bonus guard. This negates the initial spawning weakness of DF to some degree, and lowers their overall health slightly. 25% resist with the increased guard is about 870 health with my build. 30% resist with the lesser guard winds up being around 836 health.

Fencing - Increase the amount of guard recovered on recover guard to 135 / 6 seconds. I am debating 150 as the school has some difficulty staying alive, but I'd rather not increase it too much right away.

Brawling - Pushing to allow the first 4 skills in each tree to be usable no matter which stance. This would allow the usage of the control line's 180 attacks and the stun, making defense and offense slightly more effective.

Florentine - Adding a short re-use timer to Rending Strike and Dual Fangs. Every tier 6/7 offensive skills have re-use timers, it seems strange that Florentine does not.
    I never understood why Brawling had to have a specific stance in order to use the different trees. I'm glad that they allowed the Face Punch skill to be used in any stance, but I wish they would scrap the whole requirement, or at least make it as you suggest: the first 4 skills in any tree are without requirement.

I like your suggestion about Fencing. Giving a bit more adrenaline to the guard recovery skill (drawing a blank on it's name, atm) would be a nice shot in the arm. I have recently been on a Fencing kick, determined to prove its effectiveness. However, maintaining my guard seems to be the toughest to do. Of course, I've been testing this school by running the Guns of del Morro constantly for the last couple of days, so I'm not sure if it's the school's inherent weakness or the NPC's overt OPness. Either way, a bit more guard recovery over shorter time would be a blessing.

Personally I'm alright with Dual Fangs not having a re-use timer. It makes initiative management the skill you have to master. Granted, it's not as difficult with Florentine since you have two initiative regen buffs and many of the swords seem to give initiative as a bonus. I guess I'm also alright without the re-use timer because it gives the school more appeal--and anything that takes away from the cookie-cutter, status quo, go-to DF build always makes me a little happy in my pants.

I'm also alright with Fortitude giving guard instead of resistance. If you want the resistance buff, roll brawling and spec for Battle Cry. But if you give more resistance (the consensus for MVP in PVP) to a class that already seems tough to beat, especially as the only school with the OP SoD, then I think you're making it even easier for players of that school, and less incentive to try out new builds. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

But great suggestions for Brawling and Fencing. Hopefully some changes like this will take place when they address avcom later this year.

Comment

This change would actually make dirty fighting easier to beat. If someone is running around with 23%-25% resistance, that bonus guard is augmented by that resistance as well. There's a net loss of about 45 points of guard with this change.

Comment

Working...
      X