X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outage Tonight: Build 2.12.33.0

We will be publishing build 2.12.33.0 to our live servers on Wednesday, December 12th, between midnight and 5:00am Pacific*.

This milestone build features changes to captain skills, boarding, ship sailing characteristics, ship construction recipes, and ship insurance payments. Changes and bug fixes are detailed in the release notes.

* 8:00am - 1:00pm BST / 5:00pm - 10:00pm Australian Eastern

I should have moved a colossal hull to every port without structure slots before today to show you how broken this patch is.

Comment

I think it's going to be fun!

Comment

I think the ship changes and skill changes will be very interesting. The increased cooldown on career skill repairs will make 1v1s a lot more interesting, as will reduced turn rates. I haven't looked too hard at the economy changes, but some of the price changes seem decent. Hopefully this will turn out better than 2.11.

Comment

I thought Doomsday came on the 21st not the 12th of December?!?!

Comment

So the san Fernando 3rd rate uses the colossal hull, while all other rated ships use a rate hull. Also San Fernando is only ship that uses the collosal warship hull. This seems silly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aoon View Post
              So the san Fernando 3rd rate uses the colossal hull, while all other rated ships use a rate hull. Also San Fernando is only ship that uses the collosal warship hull. This seems silly to me.
              The San Fernando is a 4th rate and it requires a 4th rate hull, just the same as every other 4th rate.

I think you meant the Centurion. It's is a 3rd rate but for some reason requires a Collosal Warship Hull instead of a 3rd Rate Hull.

Bus

Comment

hmmm,middle of the conquest,gonna be interesting who is gonna adjust the fastest

about eco,i will adjust basicly to anything cause i dont do econ,only buy stuff,but pls,fsl,should you release some dates before patch when you are going to put it on live?

Comment

Baldor add már meg ifalien ts cimét.ujra raktam a gépet és elfelejtettem valami ds net.hu de nem emlékszem-kössz!

Comment

Originally posted by Fodderboy
                    Increased the range and penetration values for 6, 8, 9, 12, 16 and 18lb guns.
                    Good to see you found a way to overcome the problems of your new "no invisible guns!" and poundage/structure rules.

Seems like a hotfix though, is it enough to strengthen the "vanguard of demasting and debuffing privateers" ?

Did you updated the Treatise on Combat Mechanics ? If not could you please give us the numbers ?

Comment

Weren't stacking penalties supposed to be removed by now?

Comment

Originally posted by oldbetaboy View Post
                        Weren't stacking penalties supposed to be removed by now?
                        They've stated that they are going to do it, but it's lots of work with balancing all mods, so it will take some time and I guess they've had their hands full with the migration lately.

Comment

mods weren't balanced when penalties were introduced, no need to balance them back.

Comment

stacking penalties removal? WOOT get my 45 knot khan back then

Comment

Originally posted by Fodderboy View Post
                              I want to offer a bit of insight into the process that was applied to the ship hulls hopefully to address a number of questions that have come up in this thread.
                              Originally posted by Fodderboy View Post
                              We are also will do some fine tuning adjustments based on testing results and feedback.
                              I'm intrigued by the process and the results, so I took a closer look at the IG help ship stats pages, especially at large hull, large warship hull, huge hull and huge warship hull ships.

- Large hulls (80-105 feet): Arcadia, Athena, Cerberus, Conquistador, Deliverance. Max topdeck poundage: 9. Max gundeck poundage: 12.

- Large warship hulls (80-105 feet): Minerva (Vengeance), Raa, Stralsund, Tigre. Max topdeck poundage: 9. Max gundeck poundage: 12 except Tigre (16).

- Huge hulls (105-130 feet): Capricieux (Intrepid), Defiant (Gallant, Mercy), Mignonne Indiaman, Myrmidon (Achilles), Oliphant Indiaman (Mont Blanc). Max topdeck poundage: 9. Max gundeck poundage: 12 except Intrepid, Mercy and Mont Blanc (16).

- Huge warship hulls (105-130 feet): Dauntless, Hercules. Max topdeck poundage: 9 except Dauntless (12). Max gundeck poundage: 16.

(Side notes: 1. the Sleek Tigre carries 9lb guns as the Tigre carries 8lb guns 2. there is a typo in the Defiant Sleek topdeck saying it carries 16 guns (instead of 8) 3. some tooltips are old, saying the refits carry heavier and more guns)

There seem to be almost no difference between the 4 types of hulls, except the huge hull and huge warship hull ships can carry 16lb gundeck (and also the Tigre can carry 16lb gundeck and the Dauntless can carry 12lb topdeck). If the base hulls and warship hulls are designed to follow the structure/poundage rule, then the only difference between large and huge are the topdeck poundages (9-12). This fast analysis leads to 2 questions.

Could you give us the more precise rules you used to change the stats ? You say you took a long hard look at historical gun poundages, but using Wikipedia I couldn't find more than the commonly used poundages.

You increased the armor penetration and range values of the 6, 8, 9, 12, 16 and 18lb guns (range: from 450, 500, 525, 575, 615 to 575, 600, 625, 650, 650). Which stats (damage, accuracy/range, CRP ceiling, CRP floor, CRP/range) are tied to the gun model ? Is there a possibility that some of those stats could be modified depending on the refit ?

Also you speak about "our plans for future ship development ". Any precisions about that ?

Comment

Working...
                              X