-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Treaty Periods

edited November 10 in Game Help
The loading screen mentions Treaty periods occasionally where you can change your nation..

Do these still happen? If so, when?

I’m a newer player, sailing for Spain on the Antigua server currently and it’s embarrassing. I would love to continue with the character but not this train wreck of a nation.

So with that being said, are Treaty Periods still in game?

Thank you!

Comments

• KasparKKasparK (Forum Administrator)
    Support your game. Head over to the BSN-store:
    Pirates of the Burning Sea Store
  • edited November 10
    Awesome, thank you for the reply and links. It was informative and helpful.

I think I was playing during the last map win but do not remember seeing an option for Nation Change. Reading the link you provided I did not see it in there as well. If it’s not too much to ask, can you explain or point me in the right direction as to how to effect the change once this map ends?

I also bought my first BSN recently but used towards ship storage. If I can’t figure out the treaty part I will look at this option.

Thank you again!
  • edited November 10
    Basically during cease fire period after a map win you can just click the "switch to this nation" button on the character selection screen after choosing a different nation flag and create a new toon on another nation, it will give you a prompt to confirm you are sure, I'm not sure if you can click multiple times during cease fire or not.
  • Great. Thank you also Ahorse for the reply!

• np, but if you happen to be on my nation and switch away after this map i will mark you as a defector and hunt you down mercilessly in both pb and on os, but yea ,np.
  • eaiser to make a new account on a different nation. you can have a few accounts
    Rules for multiple accounts -
    8. Account holders may not use excessive numbers of accounts for game play.

- Use of more than 4 accounts without account upgrades will be considered excessive. Account holders may use up to 6 additional accounts if the additional accounts have account upgrades.
    - If an account holder exceeds 10 accounts all accounts must be fully upgraded (all economy and character account upgrade options added).
    - A player may use no more than 20 accounts in total regardless of upgrade status.
    - Legacy Captain's Club accounts are considered fully upgraded.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • I’m defecting away from Spain.

Ahorse - Seeing as I’m the only one or one of two to regularly/consistently show up at recent port battles to represent Spain (really France is getting tired of sinking me over and over).... your threat hardly worries me :p Thank you again for the answer to my question!

Mahoog - this is good additional information and a solid suggestion.

However, I am a casual player and as a result am a slow leveler. I’d like to keep my one captain going if possible and am leaning towards waiting for the round to end to attempt to Treaty.

It occurred to me...how does this affect reputation with the various national factions? Does it reset to default or do you switch flags and carry over the same respect/hatred you already have?

Thanks again guys for all the good information.
  • When you switch nation you start again from scratch with a new character, you old character will still be there but will be locked in your old nation and you will not be able to use it unless you switch back
  • I’m defecting away from Spain.

Ahorse - Seeing as I’m the only one or one of two to regularly/consistently show up at recent port battles to represent Spain (really France is getting tired of sinking me over and over).... your threat hardly worries me :p Thank you again for the answer to my question!

Mahoog - this is good additional information and a solid suggestion.

However, I am a casual player and as a result am a slow leveler. I’d like to keep my one captain going if possible and am leaning towards waiting for the round to end to attempt to Treaty.

It occurred to me...how does this affect reputation with the various national factions? Does it reset to default or do you switch flags and carry over the same respect/hatred you already have?

Thanks again guys for all the good information.

switching nations doesnt mean anything, it just means the same acocunt can then be used on a different nation. you will still have to make a new toon... may as well just keep your don toon, and start anew anyway, keeping both characters. if you do econ on your don toon, you can keep it up. Just check the rules on multiple toons in the same server.
    I honestly feel thats the best solution for you. Help can be given on missions etc, just ask in your chosen nation.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • edited November 10
    Ah gotcha - for some reason I was assuming my existing captain would switch over. Now it makes sense and I appreciate the additional clarification.

I will just make a new character entirely! You guys were helpful and I have the answers I needed now.
  • assume you go say from an NO to a Buccaneer... the careers have different specs for them, and different skills learned along the way. The game would have no way of being able to assign skills you dont have. Hope that makes sense.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • thanks for the info
    that does make sense