-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Announcement

So the announcement tells that the servers are back up, yet i don't see any?

Comments

• Jack O'ConnerJack O'Conner (Forum Moderator)
    They should be up, try running the bit raider launcher and see if you’re missing files!
    Forum Rules and Policies - Click here
    Forum Rules and Policies direct link - http://portalusgames.com/policy/website-rules/
    If you don't like the way I moderate, message me and it'll help both of us! Click here to message me
    Download Pirates of the Burning Sea Helpful Documents - Contains Economy Tracker, PvP + RvR guides, Guides for Fishing and Graphics overhaul mod!

• I have done a search in my documents for this Launcher. nowhere to be seen, i even reinstalled the game.
  • When i start up the game the launcher verifies the package thens tarts up when it starts up, my windows delcares it as (Not responding) and after that it just plays it and showing Player ID : 1.

This could do nothing with my specs as i have :
    GTX 970
    I5 4460
  • I have deleted Bit Raider an dreinstlaled it, and it sitll doesn't work..
    This is interesting. I shall report it all I’ll report back when there is an answer.
    Forum Rules and Policies direct link - http://portalusgames.com/policy/website-rules/
    If you don't like the way I moderate, message me and it'll help both of us! Click here to message me
    Download Pirates of the Burning Sea Helpful Documents - Contains Economy Tracker, PvP + RvR guides, Guides for Fishing and Graphics overhaul mod!

Also check your antivirus isn’t causing it and make sure the game is allowed to connect via internet.

• KasparKKasparK (Forum Administrator)
    edited November 3
    [A] Did it work before?

[B] How did you initially install the game - via the launcher or a direct download of game files (if so - did you use the one provided here in the help section)?

First you posted you did not see servers (so the game could start).
    Then you posted you could not find the launcher but reinstalled the game.

my windows delcares it as (Not responding) and after that it just plays it and showing Player ID : 1.

[C] It that the launcher that is not responding or is it the game that is launched but not responding?

Please try the "Reaudit Files"-option described here:
    http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/comment/1335329/#Comment_1335329

Please also provide log files:
    http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/100459/logfiles

Support your game. Head over to the BSN-store:
    Pirates of the Burning Sea Store
    As Jack said - ofc check your antivirus/firewall.
  • It worked before, just after you guys fit in some new servers it doesn't work. Some reason i can also type whatever number in Player ID in-game.

With launcher i was expecting more of a Launcher you meant like War Thunder or any World of or like Arma III. I didn't saw the servers in-game. Same screen you would have when you guys had that shutdown to replace the servers.

I installed it via the Website so it should be from the Launcher.

Also wouldn't be because of my virus or firewall, as i can start the game up.
  • i am having no problems logging in, just to say
    The Reapers
    Antigua.

Some reason i can also type whatever number in Player ID in-game.

Post a screenshot please.

Also wouldn't be because of my virus or firewall, as i can start the game up.

Game starting but not showing servers could be firewall blocking internet communication for the game.

Please run the full reaudit via the launcher.

edited November 3

i am having no problems logging in, just to say

+1
  • The options of my Fire Wall, which programs are listed that POTBS uses?
    potbs.exe

but my best bet is reauditing the game files.
  • First step done for the Reauditing.
    Changed the target with ''-brnolaunch'' from the Shortcut on the Desktop.

Couldn't even launch the game it says : ''You must either run the downloaded application which contains an underscore in the name, or use the desktop shortcut created when it was installed.''
  • Also there is no Potbs.Exe in the list of my Firewall permissions...
    edited November 3
    undo the "-brnolaunch"

Do the reaudit via the alternative method

http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/comment/1335329/#Comment_1335329
  • In [gameinstallationspath]/BitRaider
    Delete:
    clienset.xfr
    netclnt.xfr
    clientck.xfr
    This forces a reaudit of the game-files.

What do you mean with ''In [gameinstallationspath]/BitRaider''???
    edited November 3
    If you have installed potbs in the folder/ at the location

C:/Program Files/Pirates of the Burning Sea

then it would be

C:/Program Files/Pirates of the Burning Sea/BitRaider

Help to find your installation path
    http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/comment/1335331/#Comment_1335331
  • I have done this, still no servers popping up. I reinstalled this game 3 tiems so it shouldn't have to do with the files.

The game crashes after the launcher allows the game to be launched. Sometimes it just skips the Gamestudio intro (the bomber plane)

Also there is no POTBS.Exe nor BitRaider is in the ''Apps allowed to communicate via Windows FireWall.''

Also which Online service can i use to show my logs to you?
  • Also the game worked before the servers got replaced with new ones. That answers [A]
  • Did you know the servers were down and then after knowing they were back up realized you still couldn't connect to them and then for first time reinstalled the game then OR did you not know the servers were down and couldn't see the server in game so tried to reinstall to see if they would appear after that?

I'm just tryna get understanding of timeline of issue.
  • AHorse :
    I knew the servers were down and then after knowing they were back up realized i still couldn't connect to them and then for first time reinstalled the game.
    9 minutes between our posts - does not seem to offer time enough for a full reaudit.

Add potbs.exe to "Apps allowed to communicate via Windows FireWall".

Online servie: Onedrive/google drive or whatever service you can upload it to and share it from.
    You can also also send it to me in a PM or post it here.

Also the game worked before the servers got replaced with new ones. That answers [A]

That question was more to know whether it was a first time installation or if had been used before.

Thing is that the game does not use regional servers - so if it is up for some it is up for all.

Btw(should have mentioned it earlier to be sure it wa done) - make sure to restart pc - so we know there is no other updates affecting this.

Lets check that you can communicate with the game servers
    Please see the "Troubleshoot"-section here: http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/100532/disconnects

Please run the 'tracert' (trace route) as described.

• edited November 3
    Do you get any text appearing in the lower box on the login screen? the one under the box that would usually contain servers? (under buttons)

I am also not sure what you mean by this

"Some reason i can also type whatever number in Player ID in-game."

This is interesting. I shall report it all I’ll report back when there is an answer.

This have been replied - no other reports of connect issues at customer service.

AHorse said:

I am also not sure what you mean by this

"Some reason i can also type whatever number in Player ID in-game."

Neither did I - but Mohag told me he have seen it often - closing game and restart "fixed" it for him.

• Cna i have your mail so i can share the file with you on Google Drive?
  • How do i add the game app and BitRaider to my Firewall?
  • I once had an issue where no servers were visible , after doing tracert to server i realized that my packets were being dropped a hop or 2 away from server, refreshing my IP solved this. I'm guessing something in the datacenter triggered my ip to be blocked.