-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Interface changes not saving

This has probably been asked before, but is there a way to have interface changes and video settings persist from session to session? Even though I logout after a session, then quit, they reset to default every time I log back in.

Comments

• i can clear this up for you probably. Its because you dont log out, but quit without logging out.
    Set you AI exactly how you want it. then LOG OUT (Not Quit). when the login screen appears, just exit. Restart the game, it'll be fine.
    Took me a long time to figure that one out
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • Cursed SpectreCursed Spectre (Forum Moderator)
    All you need to do is the following;

Change your settings in-game
    Apply the UI placements and where you want them
    To be safe, wait a moment
    Close the game
    Run the PotBS.exe (NOT THE BITRAIDER LAUNCHER)
    Then everything should be great.
  • All you need to do is the following;

Change your settings in-game
    Apply the UI placements and where you want them
    To be safe, wait a moment
    Close the game
    Run the PotBS.exe (NOT THE BITRAIDER LAUNCHER)
    Then everything should be great.

Yeah, do NOT just CLOSE the game... Log off first, then close the game... This has been experienced by many in the past. Quite why the comment was needed 20 minutes after i said how is beyond me....
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • Cursed SpectreCursed Spectre (Forum Moderator)
    > @Captain Mohag said:
    > All you need to do is the following;
    >
    > Change your settings in-game
    > Apply the UI placements and where you want them
    > To be safe, wait a moment
    > Close the game
    > Run the PotBS.exe (NOT THE BITRAIDER LAUNCHER)
    > Then everything should be great.
    >
    > Yeah, do NOT just CLOSE the game... Log off first, then close the game... This has been experienced by many in the past. Quite why the comment was needed 20 minutes after i said how is beyond me....

Negative, you can just close the game :) works for me all the time.
  • Well didnt for me, and about 5 others, so yeah. i'll stick with what woks i guess.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • I've been able to just hit the quit button and have my changes save, although, if you close the program without using the log out or quit, it will lose the UI settings. I've noticed this any time the game crashes due to some kind of incompatibility between PotBS and Mishira.
  • Yeah it definitely doesn't work for me if I logoff. When I come back everything is default. Will try the exe method.
  • Are you using the wine application to run potbs on a mac?
    Roberts: William Nighthawk, Jean du Vigny,
    Antigua: Wilma Flintstone, Charles Ragsdale, Octavius Augustus

Youtube Channel