-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Chronic Sea based Lag

Hi guys,

New player here, downloaded on Saturday and get very little chance to play. I really want to enjoy the game and for the most part I am however, at certain points the game just decides to lag ridiculously, whilst at sea. Mainly whilst I'm in a battle - the current issue is arising in the mission where the bilge rats are attacking Jenny Bay for the map.

I'll line up to send a volley at a ship and either the game will tell me the target is blocked by land or it will lag and then I'll be facing a completely opposite direction - to say it's frustrating is an understatement and I feel sorry for my space bar as it is getting hammered as I try to send a "fire all" command.

Any help?

Comments

• tbh lag (in a mission) sounds more like its your pc with the issue.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • I'm running it on the same laptop I run PUBG and much more memory intensive games on, that's what I don't understand. I thought I'd managed to sort the issue by tweaking some sea-based GFX settings and by launching through the .exe file.
    Unfortunately, after it running fine for 20 minutes, I went to grab some food, when I returned and left Jenny Bay the same issues started up again.
  • KasparKKasparK (Forum Administrator)
    edited March 19
    Have a look-see here:
    http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/100460/game-crash-lag

Can't harm to test it out.

I am referring to soc offline members under lag and screen resolution under crash.

I myself have experienced weird location shifting which stopped when resolution was changed.

Also try changing between fullscreen and windowed(Alt+Enter) - have had somewhat what you describe happen(after getting a new GPU issue was gone regardless whether I used full or windowed).
    Support your game. Head over to the BSN-store:
    Pirates of the Burning Sea Store
This discussion has been closed.