-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Rum Consumables

edited March 10 in Game Help
Emergency Rum Rations are the only consumable that cannot be crafted by my Econ Buildings. I now understand that the Sugar Refinery, Rum Distillery or Advanced Sugar Refinery I need to craft them are obsolete.

My questions are: what do people use to replenish crew and what does obsolete mean?

Do I even need rum consumables? Are they only needed for PVE? Should I use something else? I know Guns N' Rum exists in the game. Do people use it instead? Since I don't see it when I press "F1" I'm guessing they don't.

Also, I'm not sure what obsolete means. I can buy boats at Treasure Island that are obsolete. I know the are obsolete, but they are still in the game. Similarly, can some people still craft rum consumables? If not is there another way to get them. Are they still in the game?

Thanks for helping me figure this out.

Comments

• Obsolete simply means they can no longer be crafted in game.
    I dont know about National Classes, but the cutthroat can use a skill (rum ration) which uses kegs of rum, rough, freely available from the junk merchant
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • edited March 10
    Hi Cap'n Mohag!

Thanks for helping me yet again.

Shhhh, but I'm enjoying leveling the Pirate I made when I met you. I hear once you go Rat you don't go back...we shall see.

Thanks again.
  • Lol, yeah i see you pop on sometimes...
    I'd guess all nations can be fun, depending on how you play.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • ..the sugar refineries & rum distilleries may b "obsolete" but they still turn up for sale in the AH ..i recently bought 10 of each ..so i make ALL levels of rum rations ..of course, u need to get to the AH before me :P ..gl :)
  • edited March 11
    Jack York said:

..the sugar refineries & rum distilleries may b "obsolete" but they still turn up for sale in the AH ..i recently bought 10 of each ..so i make ALL levels of rum rations ..of course, u need to get to the AH before me :P ..gl :)

If you have any on Roberts, may I have one of the Rum Distilleries? I like to collect rare, obsolete, and interesting items.
  • > @Jack York said:
    > ..the sugar refineries & rum distilleries may b "obsolete" but they still turn up for sale in the AH ..i recently bought 10 of each ..so i make ALL levels of rum rations ..of course, u need to get to the AH before me :P ..gl :)

I'l kep a "weather eye", mate. Cheers.
  • Rum consumables are needed. The majority of sub-level 50 rum rations are obtained from NPC drops, and turn-ins.

Level 50 Fortifed Wine 1st rate and Well made has a market. But demand is not very high.

Rum consumables are not the best path to wealth in game.

It would be nice if the recipes were available in currently craftable structures.

I tore down two Sugar Refineries by accident. Now I can't replace them.
    Antigua - Roberts - Test Server
  • Thanks!!
    So far it looks like crafting is not the best path to wealth, rather it's just part of the game. At the moment I can produce all I need...well, still waiting for an Admirals Overhaul First Rate to drop. Next, I thought it would be fun to make something the game needs. Best as I can tell that's Gold and Silver Ingots.
  • Jack York said:

..the sugar refineries & rum distilleries may b "obsolete" but they still turn up for sale in the AH ..i recently bought 10 of each ..so i make ALL levels of rum rations ..of course, u need to get to the AH before me :P ..gl :)

If you have any on Roberts, may I have one of the Rum Distilleries? I like to collect rare, obsolete, and interesting items.
    ..sorry i dont play on Roberts
This discussion has been closed.