-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Looking for PVP Engagement Rules - Gank anti-Gank Rules

Having recently come back I need to refresh my memory on Group Strength, Reinforcement, Reinforcement Timers, etc. Could someone point me in the right direction? My searches have been in vain, only revealing only very old info.

Comments

• Group Strength - The strength of the whole group on OS. Can be hit by groups half your strength to twice your strength (ie GRP STR of 300 can be hit by others GRP STR of 150-600)
    In a 1v1 scenario, if no-one else jumps in (still group strength applies, if an STR 100 hit your STR105, then only a player with STR of 95 could join) within 30 seconds, it locks to a 1v1 battle

Aside from that, 2 minutes into the battle it will reopen for reinforcement, but you will spawn a distance away from the battle( the reinforcement points are shown on local map in battle and red + signs, which is the spawn points. These are NOT where you run to to escape combat (look for yellow x, local map) NOR do they allow the battle to reopen (as is commonly thought)
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • TY, but a point of clarification. You say "Aside from that, 2 minutes into the battle it will reopen for reinforcement," did you mean to say "remain open" instead of "reopen"?
  • Reopen
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • edited February 10

Group Strength - The strength of the whole group on OS. Can be hit by groups half your strength to twice your strength (ie GRP STR of 300 can be hit by others GRP STR of 150-600)
    In a 1v1 scenario, if no-one else jumps in (still group strength applies, if an STR 100 hit your STR105, then only a player with STR of 95 could join) within 30 seconds, it locks to a 1v1 battle

Aside from that, 2 minutes into the battle it will reopen for reinforcement, but you will spawn a distance away from the battle( the reinforcement points are shown on local map in battle and red + signs, which is the spawn points. These are NOT where you run to to escape combat (look for yellow x, local map) NOR do they allow the battle to reopen (as is commonly thought)

This information is not entirely correct.

The 1v1 is not 30 seconds, its when the timer (if i remember correctly its 45 seconds, it depends on how fast your computer can load the battle instance) finishes and none has joined, than it will be locked.

The reinforcement timer of 2 minutes starts in a group fight when the first timer has passed.

The first time prevents people from moving or clicking any skills (with the exception of consumables).

It is not REOPEN, but REMAIN open (for two minutes).
    Roberts: William Nighthawk, Jean du Vigny,
    Antigua: Wilma Flintstone, Charles Ragsdale, Octavius Augustus

Youtube Channel

• edited February 11

ok. well from the outside of a battle it is CLOSED. then REOPENS, so yeah... it reopens

That depends on whether you are on pvp invulnerability/ preperations. (When you just undocked you can't join a battle, unless it's not in pvp waters and you are deflagged).

You should be able to join right away without waiting for any 're-opening'.

Youtube Channel

• Was probably because of the group strength or because you just undocked :).

No worries man, just want to give that guy the right info

Youtube Channel

• Thank you all for your information. It's pretty much as I remember it. We are all describing the same thing I think, just looking at it from different angles. So as in the middle ages of the game, we have a 30 second 1v1 timer, when that expires, if no one jumped in during that time, it is a locked 1v1. After that, if someone did join, then 90 seconds of entry at the corresponding reinforcing points, dependent on assigned combat values. Not said, but in the old days, if I remember correctly locking at 9v9 regardless of timers.

An additional question: regarding NPC battles, if an opposing nation hits one of your nation's fleets the entry timer runs the full two minutes. In the first 30 seconds you will join the fleet at its starting position, after that you enter at the appropriate reinforcement point. Have I remembered this correctly?
This discussion has been closed.