Old player looking to come back

So I played this game when it first came out years ago and was possibly looking into coming back. How is the activity level these days?

Comments

• There's a lot of activity on antigua, and its nice and relaxed and quiet on Roberts, take your pick...
  • NightOwl is right, if you want PvP i suggest you Antigua, wherever nation you go , you'll be welcome.
    ''To come to Cartagena, it is necessary that the King of Englad build another great square, because this has only been left to drive coal from Ireland to London.'' - Blas de Lezo,.

• Really depends what you are looking for.
    What are you looking for in the game? what did you enjoy back then?
  • edited December 2
    Mostly PvP and port battles the 24v24 aspect. I could of sworn the game was going to completely die but something is keeping it going and wasn't sure if the player base was improving. My name's in game were danielalexander Daniel Alex and Hollander. Been so long I can't remember the others.
  • For big port battles and pvp I would suggest Antigua.
  • I have been hearing that the game is dying since I began playing 3 years ago; this is like one of those terribly sick people who on time get to bury all their relatives. Stop thinking about it and dive in, I am going to sink all your alexes and hollanders multiple times to catch up on the time you have lost while being gone, you shameless quitter!

Welcome back mate, the more the merrier
  • Antigua is the only one I can speak for. It isn't like the game in its heyday, but it does have a pulse and there are players playing. We don't all visit these forums.
    Kiefer Cain
    http://mmorpg.com/pirates-of-the-burning-sea
    “Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear - kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor - with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant funds demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real.” - General Douglas MacArthur
  • Adam KadmonAdam Kadmon (Forum Moderator)
    sisulin said:

I have been hearing that the game is dying since I began playing 3 years ago; this is like one of those terribly sick people who on time get to bury all their relatives. Stop thinking about it and dive in, I am going to sink all your alexes and hollanders multiple times to catch up on the time you have lost while being gone, you shameless quitter!

Don't be afraid by sisulin's threats. he couldn't sink a fishish smack if he had 2 other players with him, notably if those 2 players were mohag and myself ...
    welcome back :-p
    Society : In Hoc Signo Vinces
    Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis. ( The times are changing, and we change with them.)
  • sisulin said:

I have been hearing that the game is dying since I began playing 3 years ago; this is like one of those terribly sick people who on time get to bury all their relatives. Stop thinking about it and dive in, I am going to sink all your alexes and hollanders multiple times to catch up on the time you have lost while being gone, you shameless quitter!

Don't be afraid by sisulin's threats. he couldn't sink a fishish smack if he had 2 other players with him, notably if those 2 players were mohag and myself ...
    welcome back :-p
    Hahah, I would help you with the currituck ship!
    ''To come to Cartagena, it is necessary that the King of Englad build another great square, because this has only been left to drive coal from Ireland to London.'' - Blas de Lezo,.

• Hmm happy to hear this game is doing ok. Well once I move into new home looks like I'm giving this a go once again. This will make toon number 12 ish lol. I look forward to sailing with some of you and sinking the others.