-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Economy mission not advancing.

Hey all.I need help advancing the economy quest.When asked to build a hunting lodge in cat Island I am unable to because I havn't received the deed.I've tried resetting the quest and deleting the warehouse.I was told to go into the sea and come back and it didn't work.Logged off.Done a full scan repair and still not getting the deed.All help welcome and how would I ask a dev to advance me please?

Comments

• Is that the same bug? Simply try closing the box where you are to build and then reopen it.
    The most dedicated underhanded and fear inspiring evil force ever known on the Caribbean. I think a statue is in order in San Juan, don't you :)
    http://portalusgames.com/policy/website-rules/
  • Chieko said:

Is that the same bug? Simply try closing the box where you are to build and then reopen it.

But I don't have the deed to build it.
  • if you have two toons on same account and you already built it on the first toon you created?
    The most dedicated underhanded and fear inspiring evil force ever known on the Caribbean. I think a statue is in order in San Juan, don't you :)
    http://portalusgames.com/policy/website-rules/
  • Nope I had another toon that did have the economy mission but was still in starting area.Deleted that toon incase the server was saying that was my first toon.So now only have one on the server now.
  • Do you absolutely need the mission? If you just cancel the mission alltogether you should be able to build structures and have a warehouse, just talk to the auction house dude and press G.

If you dont need the mission you can build your own structures, F1 has a lot of info about just about everything in the game.

Carpenters shop is good for making repairs, while a powder mill is good for making powders, Shipyards can make you ships and outfittings, those are all nice and saught after items to look into if you sell a few marks of war(from the patrolling missions) and have some starting capital.

Good luck.
  • I do need the mission for the free starting structures and crafting components .
  • edited November 2017
    Which server / nation do you play on? I can easily provide you with money so you can buy your own structures and components, ones that are actually usefull;-)
    Send me a private message.
    (Click my name here and then when you get to the page, click message)
  • Arthur X said:

Which server / nation do you play on? I can easily provide you with money so you can buy your own structures and components, ones that are actually usefull;-)
    Send me a private message.
    (Click my name here and then when you get to the page, click message)

Thank you! That mitigates the problem for me,but I wonder if others have the same problem to?If so it should be fixed!
  • edited November 2017
    I think if someone like maybe Jack Penguin made a tutorial explaining the basics of economy that the mission tries to teach, then that would also be helpful, if not even more helpful than trying to find this elusive bug. (Not saying fixing the bug would not help)

To mee it seems the rewards you get from completing the mission (having some structures almost nobody uses in the end) are not as important as the knowledge that the mission tries to convey.

However, that is very difficult for a new player to differentiate and then the not being able to complete the mission becomes a problem, where I think maybe a video in a sticky post could come in handy, so that any player having a similar problem can check that video and get the knowledge he needs either way and maybe a bit beyond that, which would be helpful at the beginning,
    I.e. as in what can he produce with 2 slots that is being used? what is needed at the beginning? what is best for a player that wants to get into econ? what for one that wants to go into pvp? ( Slappy made a video about pvp one) etc. etc.

Maybe in that sticky thread there could also be a section below the initial video where new players can organize themselves to make stuff together, say some produce the crushed ore for gold ingots, whilest others produce the ore itself etc, with which ports and quantities. (I think Keith Bain would also be good at supervising this section, from posts I read from him)

(I mentioned Jack Penguin because he made a nice tutorial about freetrader career missions)
  • Yup what he ^ said :)
  • As a fix I emailed customerservice@portalusgames.com with a description of the problem.They built the hunters lodge and gave me 4 shop provisons to complete the quest.It took a few days but it's fixed nowThank you Portalusgames and thank you Auther X for your help!!!
  • edited November 2017

As a fix I emailed customerservice@portalusgames.com with a description of the problem.They built the hunters lodge and gave me 4 shop provisons to complete the quest.It took a few days but it's fixed nowThank you Portalusgames and thank you Auther X for your help!!!

Nice they could fix it all ;-)
This discussion has been closed.