-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Building Ships

Hey im playing now since 3 weeks, i was goin to build my own Ships for Example the San Fernando
is there a updated guide with all those raws i can buy at AH to make my own ship, so i don t need to pay 4-6m for those ships..
i dont want to sell them for profit just for my own because no1 is selling any ships for good prices

Can anyone help me, how many eco places i would need and which is the best port for it, and which i should produce myself

i hope some good shipbuilders will help :)

Greets

Comments

• Wow 3 weeks in and you want to be a shipwright. Nice. First off you will need a shipyard. To build huge and larger ships you need to have a royal or company shipyard.

Royal requires a deep harbor and 4 econ slots. Company requires a natural harbor and 2 econ slots.

You can buy all the items to assemble the ship from NPC listings on the AH.

I would build a saw mill, carpenter, finery forge, and an improved textile mill as well. These structures well be able to make all the final parts required for the ship.

You should look at this video for guidence:
    http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/101634/econ-video-made-easy-for-pvpers-no-effort-after-setup-click-out-pew#latest

No matter what you will need to buy additional econ slots.

Good luck!
    Fortitudo, Fidem, Animositas
  • Thank you :) i can make some more chars if i need also for more eco slots, thats not the biggest problem
    i wonder where i will get all those Recipe books for making stuff or can i make them myself?
  • Couple questions:
    What server, nation are You?

That way we can put you in touch with a econ player to get you going.

If you wish to make your own deeds you need a draughtsman office. You can get one free from completing the econ starter mission.

Also if you are a pirate you would need a cove shipyard not a company. Also use a Buccaneer for a better selection of hauler ships.

Lastly I forgot to mention you will need to buy the San Fernando recipe from TA.
  • Currently im on Roberts, but the server seems pretty dead :/ ...
    so i think i will change to antigua. im not sure yet
    Im a Lvl 50 Pirate at the moment but maybe will change to Nation Fraction on Antigua, what would be the best Port to use?

Couple questions:

What server, nation are You?

That way we can put you in touch with a econ player to get you going.

If you wish to make your own deeds you need a draughtsman office. You can get one free from completing the econ starter mission.

Also if you are a pirate you would need a cove shipyard not a company. Also use a Buccaneer for a better selection of hauler ships.

Lastly I forgot to mention you will need to buy the San Fernando recipe from TA.

• Best port depends on the nation and how much hauling you wish to do. Also if you will use a royal shipyard or company / cove shipyard.

If you plan to run a minimalist econ line, I'd locate it on Ruddy Cove no matter what faction you choose. Between Oragestad, and San Juan you can get all the stuff from NPC listings and a short haul.

I would support a move from Roberts. Most now are on Antigua either by transfer or new toons.
  • Yea i was thinking about Ruddy Cove already :),
    may i ask you which Nation you play and on which Server?

Thank you for your help so far
  • PM sent.
  • For the most part you can build standard ships using goods from the NPC, but the Provisioner is a necessary structure as it provides the ship provisions. Provisions can also be made using for the most part npc goods, too. I recommend Guanica for production of provisions, I found it to have most everything I needed with a short haul to San Juan for the extras. I think there was something else, too that required a periodic trip to a port further away. I believe Ruddy Cove is one of the top ship building ports in the game for many of the same reasons Equester already pointed out.

I wouldn't get distracted with the Company Shipyard for now. At least give yourself another 3 weeks, lol. Its bonus is that it can make the newer ships, but it comes at a huge cost in the crafting hours it takes to make them (and the regular ships). The Royal (or Master) Shipyard provides you the most efficient ship and shipwright material making platform to start with.
    Kiefer Cain
  • ah Thank you :9
This discussion has been closed.