Brand Spanking Noob!

Hey guys. So im brand new to the game if you couldn't guess by the title. lol. I made me a British Freetrader named Flip Gates. I was wondering when the time comes in the tutorial as to which nation i should pick for my main city or whatever. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. On this topic or any others. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I guess i should have said which "starting city" would be best. 20/20 on the ol' hindsight lol
  • Easy NameEasy Name (Forum Moderator)
    Welcome to pirates of the burning sea.

your starting port will be determined by the nation you picked, in this case Britain, the lower ports that you will start in are Jenny Bay, Bartica & the others in that area. your nations capitol is Port Royal. most british players use Turtling Bay, Bridgetown, and couple others i cant think of right now to set up shop after reaching level 50.

Be Careful of the feet you step on today, They may be connected to the a$$ you have to kiss tommorrow!
    When you're dead you dont know your dead, its only painful for others. Same thing when you're stupid.
  • edited August 30
    Oh ok cool. Thanks for that. Kind of what I expected. I played Uncharted Waters Online for years and years. Similar to that. So I opted for Robert server without knowing anything and I'm US. I'm 36 and have gamed with people from around the globe. Is this going to be a problem in this game with the social aspect?
    The difference will be:

1.The times that the port battles are scheduled.
    2. the times that majority of other players are on.
    3. most players say Antigua is more populated and easier to find goods to buy from other players.

so there is no problem with you picking that sever, you're welcome to play whichever you please, without knowing more i cant make a good suggestion for you. (example would be maybe you work nights and Roberts fits around your sleep schedule better.) If thats not the case i might suggest Antigua being a better fit. Lots of people have accounts on both so that could be something to keep in mind, it allows them to attend more battles.
    Be Careful of the feet you step on today, They may be connected to the a$$ you have to kiss tommorrow!
    When you're dead you dont know your dead, its only painful for others. Same thing when you're stupid.
  • Captain MohagCaptain Mohag (Forum Moderator)
    It should be no problem, but you'll find more people online in your time zone on Antigua. Nothing stops you from having an account on both servers. But even on Antigua we have many roberts players too, so chances are people you meet there will have toons here as well.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • Thanks guys. Yea, I play early mornings and daytime US so Roberts sounds like it will work as long as there are actually people to play with here lol. I see a lot of similarities from UWO in this and also a lot of differences as well it seems early on at least. Not gunna lie. Actually having graphics is a big plus lol. Anything else you guys think I need to know to get a proper start here?
  • I'm doing all tutorial missions ofc and whatnot.
    edited August 30

Thanks guys. Yea, I play early mornings and daytime US so Roberts sounds like it will work as long as there are actually people to play with here lol. I see a lot of similarities from UWO in this and also a lot of differences as well it seems early on at least. Not gunna lie. Actually having graphics is a big plus lol. Anything else you guys think I need to know to get a proper start here?

Keep grinding out those missions, that is the best way to learn the game. if your playing daytime U.S. you may want to peak into Antigua server. early morning do seem like Roberts might be better, thats prolly why some people play both.
  • Ok cool. Well i have 2 emails to my name and I made a pirate on the main one yesterday and and then decided I wanted to play a nationality for my first toon before finding out about the way it works per account. So I made a British Freetrader on my 2nd email account and that's the one I'm going through the tutorial with and the one I would like to start my game with. If I find out Roberts is not the right server for me, how hard will it be for me to get this toon over to Antigua? Is there a one time transfer thibg for people who are new and had no idea? Lol
    There is an item for sale on Treasure Aisle that allows you to transfer a character between servers. you would buy it then need to contact support to utilize it. if you decide thats what you would like to do we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
  • Ok. Yea I'm not super concerned right now. Just learning the game. I guess I'll just play it by ear then. Once I start gaining some levels here after a bit is there going to be a good way for me to find some people to play with over here? Like a guild (society) list or something of that nature?
  • I built a top 5 company (society) in UWO and helped people who came and went for years so I understand the importance of hooking up with some seasoned players. Lol
    edited August 30

Once I start gaining some levels here after a bit is there going to be a good way for me to find some people to play with over here? Like a guild (society) list or something of that nature?

i dont play on Roberts so i dont know of a good active society for you to join there so my advice is limited to suggesting that you ask in nation chat.
    check out this list, hope this helps.
    http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/100365/the-society-list-of-roberts#latest
  • As you are making your rounds in the Guyana region (Brit's new player region). Do not overlook the mission "Patrol [port]" offered by the Garrison Commanders of the conquerable ports: Bartica, Les hattes, and Cayenne.

They are available daily. They are easy, and provide you with some xp/dbls (like most missions), and a Mark of War. The Mark of War (MoW) is your first exposure to content directly relating to the rvr (war) game. It is quite valuable. It can be used to generate or lower a port's unrest by a 80 points (attack) and 100 points (defend). Therefore it is in high demand by the rvr players. They are willing to pay quite a lot for it. You don't have to sell them, but if you are looking for a decent income stream you can quickly accumulate some doubloons by selling them to the AH and/or finding a rvr society that will buy them (hopefully for a fair price).

** Mind you this is advice with an Antigua server perspective.
    Kiefer Cain

“Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear - kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor - with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant funds demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real.” - General Douglas MacArthur