A new players beginners guide - Managing Sails

Jack O'ConnerJack O'Conner (Forum Moderator)
edited January 20 in Guides
A ship's sails are the most important part of a sailing ship, so don't neglect them. You can raise and lower your sails with the click of a button, so take advantage of this feature.

The Acceleration of Scout Ships allows them to make frequent changes to their sails. If you're sailing a Scout Ship, consider lowering the sails for a shot (Accuracy goes up at slower speeds), then raise the sails right afterwards. Try adjusting your Scout Ship's speed, bring it to a stop, turn around, and go a different direction. Because of their high Acceleration value, Scout Ships suffer little from slowing.

If you are sailing a Warship, you should monitor the speed closely. Keep the average speed around 50% of Max Speed or higher. Do not adjust the sails too often as the Acceleration of a Warship is much lower.

Go back
Forum Rules and Policies - Click here
Forum Rules and Policies direct link - http://portalusgames.com/policy/website-rules/
If you don't like the way I moderate, message me and it'll help both of us! Click here to message me
Download Pirates of the Burning Sea Helpful Documents - Contains Economy Tracker, PvP + RvR guides, Guides for Fishing and Graphics overhaul mod!