A new players beginners guide - Wind—Tacking

Jack O'ConnerJack O'Conner (Forum Moderator)
edited January 20 in Guides
Sailing directly into the wind (upwind) is bad, so don't do it. There are cases were it seems like sailing upwind is the only option. In those cases we recommend Tacking.

Tacking is changing your sailing position back and forth and sailing towards the wind, but not directly upwind. Sailing this way creates a zigzag movement pattern, and this pattern is faster than a straight line upwind.

The Close Haul wind angle is the most important to understand. You sail much faster if you move into a Close Haul instead of Luffing or Upwind angle.

Also, keep in mind that Tacking is not a particularly effective technique for ships with high Turning Decel and low Acceleration values, such as many Warships have.

Go back
Forum Rules and Policies - Click here
Forum Rules and Policies direct link - http://portalusgames.com/policy/website-rules/
If you don't like the way I moderate, message me and it'll help both of us! Click here to message me
Download Pirates of the Burning Sea Helpful Documents - Contains Economy Tracker, PvP + RvR guides, Guides for Fishing and Graphics overhaul mod!