-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

How to: Install PotBS with no issues

2»

Comments

• KasparKKasparK (Forum Administrator)
    It runs on Windows 10, no worries.

Download the installer
    http://burningsea.com/download
    Depending on browser and settings it is either it is saved automically(default is the 'Download' folder in your user folder) or you must select where to save it(avoid saving it on your desktop - that have resulted in issues).

Navigate to the save location.
    Right-click the file.
    Click 'Run as admin'.

I'm a little confused when you say "When I try to open the game" - do you already have the game installed?
    Support your game. Head over to the BSN-store:
    Pirates of the Burning Sea Store
  • So I was playing this morning and came out of a mission, but hung on loading screen.
    I fired up a second client, figuring I had dc'd, at which moment the first client indeed showed the login screen, but now the server list was missing.

I tried the full repair bit, but to no avail. Still no server list.

De-installed and re-installed the lot. Still no server list.

Now what should I do?
    ShadyX said:

So I was playing this morning and came out of a mission, but hung on loading screen.
    I fired up a second client, figuring I had dc'd, at which moment the first client indeed showed the login screen, but now the server list was missing.

I tried the full repair bit, but to no avail. Still no server list.

De-installed and re-installed the lot. Still no server list.

Now what should I do?

I see no servers either

http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/101443/server-outage-2016-10-29
    http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/101445/server-downtime
  • edited July 13
    well i think i found the issue with not being able to modify the pirate.ini file "out of memory bug" , it comes back to Bitraider.

as every time i modified it and launch the game,Bitraider would scan the game folder an notice the modified pirate.ini file.which it would download the old pirate.ini file and replace the modified file.

so you would need to update Bitraider with a new pirate.ini file with a higher maxMemUsage number.that way you shouldn't have the need for a pirate_local.ini file.
    edited July 13
    That is what pirates_local.ini is for - create it yourself if you do not have it.

First few lines of pirates.ini:
    ; DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
    ; This file contains official settings from Flying Lab Software.
    ; If you edit this file, your changes will be reverted the next time you run the launcher.
    ;
    ; To override any default settings, add your changes to pirates_local.ini.
    ; If pirates_local.ini does not exist, create it first with a text editor (like notepad.exe)
    ; in the same folder as this file.
  • I was pointing out that the pirate.ini file that bitraider uses to check that your version of PotBs has not been modified is the reason to the out of memory bug .

which means bitraider's version needs to be updated with a new pirate.ini file with a higher max memory value.it will mean we wont have to go searching for an answer and make a new file every time we install.

so portalus games fix this simple bug,yes flying labs should of done this before they sold it but you own it now so you have to fix their screw ups.
    The value required for MaxMemUsage, in order to minimize the mem out issue - is individual

So what value would it be without taking up unnecessary memory?
  • oh the pirates_local.ini. file still gets out of memory crashes so i gave up playing it again .but not like it matters that much anymore with it closing down.

• Good day,
    I'm maybe a bit off topic, but my problem is, I havent' played for a year or so and now I cannot access the game cause of incorrect login or password. BUT I'm pretty sure they are correct, cause I do access account.portalusgames.com. I've changed password and re installed the game, with no success. Maybe my IP address is blocked or something? Thank you in advance :)
    Take a look here
    http://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/100454/account-mail-login-password

If you can log your account in on https://account.portalusgames.com/login -#1 is not relevent.
    As you played a year ago - #2 is not relevant.

So it is either #3 or something else went wrong.

As you will see in the link - contact customerservice@portalusgames.com