Active Nation Change

Jack O'ConnerJack O'Conner (Forum Moderator)
What does this do and how does it work?

Active nation change allows you to change nation once you have purchased this token. You will need to go into your inventory and click on the "Special" tab. From there you will be able to consume it.

This token is also a 1 time consumable. Once you use it and you are certain you are ready to change nation you simply log out of the game and then log back in and BEFORE you choose you character you log in with you may choose the nation you desire to change to.

NOTE:Your characters cannot transfer nations. So if you are wondering if you can do this, You cannot. You will have to start from scratch as a level 1.

Hope this helps.
Forum Rules and Policies - Click here
Forum Rules and Policies direct link - http://portalusgames.com/policy/website-rules/
If you don't like the way I moderate, message me and it'll help both of us! Click here to message me
Download Pirates of the Burning Sea Helpful Documents - Contains Economy Tracker, PvP + RvR guides, Guides for Fishing and Graphics overhaul mod!

Comments

• I bought one of these tokens and it didn't work.
  • Jack O'ConnerJack O'Conner (Forum Moderator)
    It will be placed in your special inventory. You will need to right click it for the token to be used. If that does not work then you will have to contact portalus at support@portalusgames.com
    Forum Rules and Policies direct link - http://portalusgames.com/policy/website-rules/
    If you don't like the way I moderate, message me and it'll help both of us! Click here to message me
    Download Pirates of the Burning Sea Helpful Documents - Contains Economy Tracker, PvP + RvR guides, Guides for Fishing and Graphics overhaul mod!

• If you cannot move an existing character to another nation, what is the point of using this token when you can just register a new character?
    This is depending if you have all chatacter slots, economy slots and other account upgrades.

• If you do that and create a new character that's, say, British when your first character was Pirate will you then have one Pirate and one British character? Or will the Pirate character be destroyed? Can you have characters in more than one Nation?
    "When I take something from a man – his ship, his money, his life – I don’t hide behind a clerk. I don’t hide behind the law. I don’t hide behind anything." - Charles Vane/Black Sails
    No character gets deleted unless you delete it yourself.

• On an account you can have toons in every nation. You can switch nations only at ceasefire. Unless you buy this.
    Antigua - Roberts - Test Server
    antiguaspain.com - uncensored game discussions all nations welcome
  • Thanks!
    "When I take something from a man – his ship, his money, his life – I don’t hide behind a clerk. I don’t hide behind the law. I don’t hide behind anything." - Charles Vane/Black Sails
  • for the manuel , must write to CONTACT@PORTALUSGAMES.COM ?
  • Easy NameEasy Name (Forum Moderator)
    customerservice@portalusgames.com is what i think you're looking for
    Be Careful of the feet you step on today, They may be connected to the a$$ you have to kiss tommorrow!
    When you're dead you dont know your dead, its only painful for others. Same thing when you're stupid.
  • I purchased one of these today, but it doesn't appear to be working. The consumable doesn't disappear on use and has no effect when I re-log in. Any ideas?
    You have to contact support @ support@portalusgames.com

• Red JaqRed Jaq (Forum Moderator)
    Greetings!!

Slight correction here - Please write to CUSTOMERSERVICE@PORTALUSGAMES.COM

When you write please include your account name, character name, server and the nature of your request. Please be careful and spell the items correctly so that your requests are not delayed and I can provide faster service.

Have a great day full of glory and adventure!!

Highest Regards,
    Portalus Customer Service
  • what will happen if you have a cutthroat char in pirate nation and change it to spanish nation for example.
    Your pirate characters will not be affected, just that you will not be able to use them if they are on the same active account if you chose another's nation as your current active nation.

• Your pirate characters will not be affected, just that you will not be able to use them if they are on the same active account if you chose another's nation as your current active nation.

What i meant to say, is it possible to transfer pirate chars to nations and vice versa.

And if not, is it possible to change career of a character to another one within the same nation.
    No once you changed nation you will have to start again as the Pirate class cannot be transferred as a NO/PRIV/FT.

• No once you changed nation you will have to start again as the Pirate class cannot be transferred as a NO/PRIV/FT.

So if i understand correctly:

If i change my active nation through Treasure Isle item or through changing it when the map victory is complete (conquest ended), i can select pirate nation again, and then the career of the toon will go away and i will be able to select a different career. Like, from cutthroat to buccaneer. But it will start from level 1, even if it is within the same nation. Retaining all the econ slots, account unlocks that was bought for the toon.

So this way, a character can change its career via changing active nation and by restarting from level 1.

Is that correct?
    I will explain better here;

If you are with Pirate nation now and you have 2 level 50 Pirates. You decide you want to go join the Spanish Armada. You use the treasure ailse token or you change during cease fire, once you change to the Spanish Nation your level 59 characters will remain untouched and locked with you being a Spanish Captain. You cannot transfer those level 50 toons to another nation. So in theory you would have to start as level 1 in Spain. But if you ever wish to return to Pirates you will still have those level 50 characters from prior the switch to the Spanish Nation.

• I will explain better here;

If you are with Pirate nation now and you have 2 level 50 Pirates. You decide you want to go join the Spanish Armada. You use the treasure ailse token or you change during cease fire, once you change to the Spanish Nation your level 59 characters will remain untouched and locked with you being a Spanish Captain. You cannot transfer those level 50 toons to another nation. So in theory you would have to start as level 1 in Spain. But if you ever wish to return to Pirates you will still have those level 50 characters from prior the switch to the Spanish Nation.

So what's the point of changing nations? Only for keeping the slots and account upgrades? Is that what differs from solely starting a new character from scratch? Is the name transferred too?
  • I think very few people would choose that way of changing nation. it allows YOU not your toon to play for a different nation, just creating a new account is far easier, and you can keep your other nations toons active for econ, coc's etc...
    The change server option would be more useful as i believe you get to keep all your stuff from one server and it gets transferred as is to the next. Still on the same nation however.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • I think very few people would choose that way of changing nation. it allows YOU not your toon to play for a different nation, just creating a new account is far easier, and you can keep your other nations toons active for econ, coc's etc...
    The change server option would be more useful as i believe you get to keep all your stuff from one server and it gets transferred as is to the next. Still on the same nation however.

What i dont get it what is the point of switching nations in this case? Level is not transferred. Other toon gets locked. You start at level 1.

So what's actually being transferred by changing nation? Name? Account upgrades/slots?
    Only account upgrades and purchases.

• Only account upgrades and purchases.

now that's clear.

Then, changing the career of a toon by changing nation to the same nation wouldnt work...

• you did not understand me. I want to start the game and create a character. on Roberts I only creating a pirate nation, and Antigua only Spain. I can't begin to play for any nation? I need to create a character of the available Nations, and then to pass away to another? do I understand correctly?